Areas of Interest
- 4th Street - bars & restaurants. More geared towards professionals living
in Austin than the college students.
- 6th Street - college craziness at night. Some cool places to hang out and
grab a beer during the day.
- Congress Avenue Bridge - the streets around the bridge have some cool
shopping spots and restaurants
- CopperEgg is a cloud monitoring company.
- Daily Dot is a team of writers around the country and headquartered in Austin. Write about Internet communities instead of traditional geographic communities.
- Contiuum Analytics. Data analysis and
visualization based on Python. Definitely need to talk to these guys.
- Web Cube. CMS built on Python.
- Exigo Energy Solutions. Using Python/Django for their platform.
- Paravel. Awesome 3 man shop in Austin that led
(and continues to lead) the way in responsive design.
- Cedar Street. I fell in love with this
spot back when I first visited Austin in 2008. Great outdoor live music
and interesting indoor/outdoor bar set up.
- The Hideout. I hung
out here and coded during my Austin vacation in June 2012. Awesome little
- Halcyon. Great coffee, lots of space
to stretch out and do work (including corner spots with pillows), and
bottomless mimosas for $7.
- Jo's 2nd Street Coffee.
- Caffe Medici.
- Austin Java. City Hall location on 2nd
- Bazaar Voice will just miss my trip on
April 11-13, but I could stick around for a few more days if it's
something I want to go to.